Sunday, March 18, 2012

plans, doubts & a red velvet cupcake

Christian(n): someone who believes in Christ
Disciple(n): someone who acts on their belief and is all in


As disciples, we're baptized into a life centered around Jesus Christ. We accept Him as our Savior and our Lord. We're given the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that was in Jesus Christ when He was walking around here performing his miracles and preaching his Father's Word. What was the last miracle that the Spirit performed through me? Umm...anyways, all that being said to bring my thoughts to this: the world is starting to gain the idea of church but not the Spirit. The Spirit is what guides us and uses us and keeps us going! The Spirit brings us that genuine joy and confidence. It tells us when to go and where to go, who to talk to and what to do. Sadly, a lot of times God doesn't get the credit for this direction, but the conscience does. This is where doubt kicks in.




Doubt: to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely;hesitate to believe.   Living in this fallen world, sometimes it's a whole heck of a lot easier to believe that we're just here for the sake of being here, that the being in the sky is just an invisible man that our imagination says loves us and created us. And that things happen only on coincidence. But, readers, I don't necessarily believe in coincidence. I truly know that everything happens for a reason. God has  never once done anything without reason. Sure, we don't know every single reason for every single thing, but if we knew all of it, we might as well be God. I struggle with whispers of doubt here and there but growing confidence from Bible reading is a BIG deal. Especially, if we want the confidence of knowing we're taking the right steps and making the right plans.

Plan (n): a scheme or method of acting, doing, proceeding, making, etc.,  developed in advance.    Proverbs 4:23-27 "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life...Look straight ahead and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Dont' get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." I like to translate evil to mean distraction.   Anyways, how epic is that? Your heart determines the course of your life. That's a big deal. If we put so much of the world into our hearts, how are we to hear the Spirit lead us? God just answered another struggle of mine. Jeremiah 17 says that the heart can be the most deceitful of all things, so let the Spirit fill your heart. Readers, we're going to come to forks in the road during our lifetime...a lot of them.
    9 months ago I hit a fork in the road. Over those months, I was in a fog while walking the path that I chose. I had a spirit of confusion and uncertainty. I didn't feel in my Spirit that I chose the right timing. But, I ignored my Spirit's prompt and continued. I "listened to my heart"..the most deceptive thing of all things..Now, out of this fog, I learned an EXTREMELY huge amount of things about myself and God still used me throughout this time. The past few weeks, I couldn't just push down the Spirit's prompts anymore. While I've had the opportunity to date my best friend, someone so amazing and so wonderful, the timing just wasn't right. I praise God for the time we had and continue to pray for whoever my future husband is..whether God brings the 2 of us back together later or not. God's plans are always so much better than ours and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that I know this is the path I was supposed to take. My Spirit has such a free feeling, the feeling we we're given when we first accept Christ into our lives. Its also reminded me numerous times already that it knows better than I do. Jeremiah 17:7-8, "Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into he water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green and they never stop producing fruit." So I'm not worried about all this. I had an amazing opportunity with my best friend and I learned TONS and I still have my best friend, but simply as a best friend. Maybe 'til the I Do's. Only God knows that, but I do know this: The next boyfriend I have is going to be the one I marry.  AND! my mom bought me this really amazing red velvet cupcake. :) credit given to publix.

Apologies for the novel but I hope you come out with this:


We must be able to overcome our doubts with confidence in Christ to determine which path we are to take. 

Praise the Lord.
In Him,
Me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment