Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Burn Baby, Burn

So, all day long, I literally sat on my bed and found "important things" to do on the computer...facebook, pintrest, yahoo and some school. Mucho importante. Throughout the day, I was thinking, wow I need my God time. But I kept putting it off. Why is it so hard to just feed the spirit and get into the Word?! It's not hard to be on fire when you're at church, or when you're at a Passion conference or a youth group event.  So I compared the difference between a normal day here and a normal day at a Jesus conference & came to this...


    at a conference: ...no phone, no worldy interruptions...
breakfast, sermon & worship, quiet time,
lunch, something exciting, sermon
dinner, sermon & worship, fellowship & meditating time 


Compared to a normal day...I can see why we lose our fire so easily. This is my goal: none of the world (music wise, movie wise); prayer time when I wake up; 3 sermons/Bible devo's everyday; talk to someone about what they learned in their devo and quiet prayer time & worship before bed.  I just want to try it for a week and see what happens. Would this really re motivate me to be in the Word more and more?


Not only will the fire start burnin, but it'll be a fire of freedom. A good ole' pal sent me Galatians 5 tonight: Freedom in Christ. Allow me...


"So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law...


But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us...what is important is faith expressing itself in love.


You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth? It certainly isn't God, for he is the one who called you to freedom. This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough. I'm trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person...


For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy yourselves. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love...


So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil...And the Spirit gives us the desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. The two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions...


When you follow the desires of your sinful nature: impurity, lust, sorcery, hostility, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, drunkenness, wild parties..that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.


The Holy Spirit produces LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS & SELF CONTROL...


Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 


Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives "






One more time- Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives...Where's the Holy Spirit that's been inside of you since baptism leading you??  A life of freedom. I need to feed my Spirit...
Can you imagine if you weren't ever fed...you'd have ZERO energy to talk..hm.


In Christ,
Mads :)



No comments:

Post a Comment