Thursday, March 15, 2012

More power to ya...

After a bunch of errands and a deep car cleaning, I got a few minutes to rest before Jaden's game. In that 10 minutes, I thought about reading the Word. Then I was like ...nah, I'll just wait until I get the Daily Bible Verse e-mail. Then it hit me...Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit...It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires." This verse says that THE WORD is alive and powerful. Not just parts of the Word, but the entire Word.  Now, before I go on, I'm not bashing ipads, cell phones, computers, but how often do we rely on technology to provide us with our Bible teachings/verses. There's nothing wrong with a verse being on the computer screen, but I was completely missing the point of learning verses!! It's SO extremely powerful to be reading straight out of the Book..probably because it's the only Book that's alive and God breathed. I'm learning and I'm begging you...please don't let yourself miss out on the power that flows from that Book. All of the miracles and stories that are in there are POSSIBLE to do today. We have the same spirit that Jesus Christ did so let's put some power into it!!!    God seems to be giving me a theme throughout this week of being in the Word, the entire Word.  It's so amazing how there's always something new to learn in that Book no matter how many times you open it. What an amazing God! how crucial it is to know Him and grow in ourselves through that knowledge.

You are a whole person when you are in Christ. Colossians 2:10 "and in Him you have been made complete..." In His Word, in prayer, in His presence..

Daily Update: To-Do List accomplished! Jaden's baseball game got called due to lightning. Trent and I watched Contagion. I'm tired. My car is sparkling and brand new looking :)

Please pray...Colin Adams, he's a 12 year old boy who just lost his dad and for Rachel Jones' baby that's comin' tomorrow!

In Christ,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment