Monday, March 12, 2012

In the Beginning...

Readers, followers, strangers...I'm a writer. I've always been better with writing out my thoughts rather than actually speaking them. Deep See is our title because you'll find a deeper view of the woman God created me to be throughout all my posts.  I'm new to this blog thing, but I think I'll be ok :) These are going to be posts of God stories, and new life thoughts based on Biblical truth learned from my daily devo. They're going to be posts on struggles and heart aches, strengths and exciting-ness! This blog will be my own personal roller coaster ride of life with our Lord and Savior. This is my way of holding myself accountable.

Once upon a time, I had the PERFECT accountability partner. The Mad-I they called us! God used her a lot to teach me how to be in the Word everyday. I have yet to find an accountability partner that was as strong as her. We didn't miss a day when we weren't in our Bibles together. Well, I got older. The older you get, the more you're led to believe that your life has to be busy and constantly moving. This, my friends, is of the world. Our God calls us to be still and just sit in His presence. What does that mean? Simply sitting outside in His creation. My favorite place of still time and beauty is the causeway. How highly can we think of an artist if we don't take the time to admire his work? ... However, I've learned that not only do we have to take ourselves away from the busy world, but also out of the busy mindset. This is my biggest struggle. I find it hard to just focus on the God who loves me and made me and uses me and blesses me and.... How sad is that. I just wish He were physically right next to me all the time. However, that's why we're baptized and we accept His spirit! Romans 8:9 says, "But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)"  


We need to be led by the Spirit, not our sinful nature. Praying for discernment at this time. And for Guatemala. I think God is sending a few of us there...


Daily Update: Jaden lost his baseball game, but is an amazing pitcher. I worked a 10 hour shift today. My mom ate my chocolate covered peanuts...again. Trent took me to the strawberry festival yesterday. And I challenged myself to start inviting people to church...at least 2 a week. And I miss my baby brother..


In Christ,
Me

2 comments: