Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stranded

I've been stranded for about 8 hours now. Panama City airport got me to Atlanta airport, just to sit & wait for Delta to say "we're overbooked, try again tomorrow". So in the middle of my flesh-driven frustration, I have to admit that I focused very little on what God had planned with all of this. 

Now I'm settled in my hotel room, and I look back at everything that went down today & have no one to blame but satan. Friday & Saturday is the middle school girls event & the Lord has led me to plan it. Why would satan want the woman with the plan to be there?  He sucks. But at this point, I know he wants me to be discouraged. He wants me to be overwhelmed, and I learned this past week that the only overwhelm we should have, is being overwhelmed with victory. That makes me smile. 

Romans 8:37 "No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us"

With this down time, beautiful room and MOST COMFORTABLE BED EVER...my Lover has brought me here to focus and recoup and love on Him. This weekend won't be able to happen without His power and in the mess of planning, I was soon to forget that. My Lover brought me here to really show me what He has planned for this weekend and even has shown me some of the things I missed over the past month that He's done for me! I am so grateful, thankful, blessed, amazed, joyful and full of chills that He has this divine romance all planned out already :)


So, I have yet to be home for the past month. Traveling all over has been amazing and every trip has been so different. 

This summer, I had the opportunity to go on the Engage mission trip with our middle schoolers. If you know me, you know my heart for my middle school girls. They are MY LIFE. And I've missed them so incredibly much these past few weeks. We had the time of our lives at Engage. There's something about working for the Lord that is just so fulfilling and so overwhelming! 

Belize...I don't even have words for this trip. It was such a strengthening week in my walk with the Lord. You really can never finish growing. I was once prayed over with these words, 
"Lord, show Madison that even though physical food is important,
being spiritually fed is what keeps her alive."
The more spiritual food..the more growth. These 2 weeks in Belize provided so many opportunities to share God, learn God and just feel the Lord's movement! It still gives me chills. Belize was beautiful. We snorkeled with sharks & sting rays. Scariest moment of my life. We went muddin like no other Floridian has seen before. We hiked more than anyone's ever hiked before. 








AH! Since my charger is with my luggage in Tampa already, my computer's dying, BUT! I can't contain this love. One last thing...Right before I thought I was going to bed, He said this,
"I will deliver you from every evil attack and will bring you safely into my heavenly Kingdom. All glory to God forever and ever!" 2 Timothy 4:18. 
He stranded me to love on me,

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment