Tuesday, August 28, 2012

hey Good Lookin'

Can I just start off by saying that it's 4:56 on Tuesday morning and I have yet to fall asleep. I think I made my Starbucks run a little too late...

I started to Instagram stalk a little bit. There are so many good looking people on Instagram, it's crazy. But then I started thinking, it's really not that hard to be the world's definition of hot, pretty, whatever. Anybody can obtain an outside beauty with some fake tan, a hair straightener and a gym membership. (goes for guys too) Literally...anybody.  

But what's behind these pictures? 

The inner beauty of a hot bod filled with the Spirit or 

just a good lookin' full of emptiness, lost & brokenness.  

I'm one to fully believe that outer beauty is nothing without an inner beauty to support, strengthen & grow that outer beauty. Living in peace, kindness & friendliness, popularity... is all great, but when we're transformed inwardly by the Spirit..that's when our ways and our looks really start to change lives. Who am I to hold back from this transformation? From this makeover?    If you were offered a makeover everyday before starting your day, admit you'd take it. I soooo would. We do almost ANYTHING to make ourselves look so good every time we go out... but how much work do I put into letting the Spirit inside of me make a statement? 
Anybody could walk into a room and turn heads, 
but the Godly desire to walk into a room and change lives.

So why pay so much attention to looks. The way I look won't change the world. But the Spirit being actively alive & glowing is what really dolls us up. 

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment,...
rather it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle
and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

In this divine romance with my Ultimate Lover, I'm seeing that He genuinely loves me for the way He made me. God has grown me according to His Spirit. When He uses this flesh in other people's lives, I get chills & this overwhelmed feeling in my heart...as if I was finalizing some awesome plan for my wedding day. In this divine romance, my God is teaching me patience. Patience in love, patience in purity.

Patience in love due to the fact that all my best friends are in relationships, engaged or married. This patience thing He's been teaching me has shown me that HE is the only one that can complete my heart before joining it next to someone else's. That it's in my Lover's timing that this kindred Spirit will find mine and be my other shining light bulb. All in my Lord's hands. I pray for my future husband. For opportunities on this mission field called world, for His Spirit to be strengthened and whole, and for his heart to be completed by the love of the Father. One day I'll meet that man, until then...my Ultimate Love doesn't have to fight for first place ;)

It's officially 5:30, my alarm goes off in 3 hours, and I just dumped my filled cup of water all over me & my bed...
Talk about outer beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment