Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sell Tacos, Not Children

Day 1 of Belize feels like day 24 of Belize...bittersweet.
Bitter due to the muggy, humid and extremely buggy weather.
Sweet due to the friendships that have already been formed so quickly and the amount of times God has reminded me He's with me.

Waking up this morning was traumatic. 4:30 came too early. My ride's power went off so he was no where to be found. My mom missed the airport exit. My bag was 6.5 pounds over weight. The "SPC Student" sticker on my luggage gave the desk guy permission to tell me his life story for 10 minutes. There was no Starbucks by my gate. I couldn't sleep on the plane because it was too crunched. I finally got comfortable on the Miami airport floor and it turned freezing and woke me up.

Satan can play hard. But my Lover plays harder. From there on out, I somehow ended up in conversations with every person throughout the day about their beliefs. God opened my eyes to these peoples' hearts and thoughts and I'm so thankful! He gave me opportunities to tell some how happy He makes me!!

Then, He started to show up even more...bringing comfort and encouragement my way. I ended up sitting next to a group of people with shirts that said "Sell Tacos Not Children" so I got to talk to these child labor activists about their mission! Then! a team of soccer players pass by with a Hebrews verse on their shirts...more encouragement! Finally, I saw God in the blue shirt mission team. I don't know their names, but their shirt was blue and it said "mission team" on it! Just a reminder that I'm on my own mission trip and to stay strong.

After landing in Miami, we stop at the Roadside Diner. AMAZING food. and get this..my Lover paid for me! Oh what a blessing:)

Next stop was the Belize Zoo...what a sight. I saw animals I've never seen before and got close to the most exotic things. How..exciting..We got to drip sweat, smell bad and yawn our way around the zoo. My favorite animal, up close, however, was the leopard. I couldn't help but stare at it and think, God how did you even think of that design? They're so beautiful and so unique, their spots..colors..design, is just so breath taking.

Next stop was the resort, we hiked swam and got into our rooms. I was blessed with a loft assignment. God really does know even my littlest desires!

The food is wonderful. The people are already family. The views are indescribable.

OH! and I got a boyfriend. 12 year old Jeronie! He asked me on a date night to the tower to look at stars. How precious:)

Bugs are killing me, ...survival of the fittest.

my Lover, keep me goin'! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment