Monday, July 16, 2012

Satan Tries

Spiritual warfare is a major deal in this walk with Christ. Satan... the world.. Sin...the opposing team and they're up for anything to throw us off our path, even in the smallest bit.

Tonight was our first session at Engage, middle school mission trip. Ohhhh how powerful worship was!

"His love...overwhelms and satisfies my soul. And I never ever have to be afraid"

God poured into me and just reassured me He was by my side to be my strength this week for my girls. He was next to me, painting confidence all over the Spirit inside of me. That genuine joy, the one you can't get anywhere else, took over. I can't help by smile or praise or love !! Nothing in the world can break this joy.

I promised myself id be truthful and completely open in my blogs, so here's the end of my story. It probably sounds dumb,

Roaring like a Lion was the next and last part of worship. Trent and I would blast this song, windows rolled down, hand motions and all! So with Satan whispering in my ear that I lost my best friend, I started hurting, again. And there went my joy.
People, God is faithful!! "Madison, you have been set free from this hurt, from this pain. Dont you dare let Satan make you feel this again"

Spiritual warfare is no joke. But it's up to me who wins the battlefield of my thoughts.

I'm part of a victorious army, gosh darn it! I refuse to let anymore moments from Satan be even somewhat considered. He plays our weaknesses and our struggles quite well. But do we focus on that? Or the fact that Jesus already did the suffering for us..

Now that's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment